Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lazy Daze

Just a short post and some pictures to recap our weekend.  We had BEAUTIFUL weather here and it was the first weekend in about a month or so where we didn't have plans or need to be out of town.  Awesome. 

Friday was a gray and drizzly day and it felt like fall was finally here.  I was itching to get home from work, put on some comfy clothes and relax.  When I finally got home, I lit some fall-scented candles, opened a $6 bottle of wine (high roller) and put on a hoodie and sweats.  Success!  We had a couple of friends from out of town drop by and a local friend come by too.   We had some adult beverages and hung out, tried to play the game Quelf, but realized we didn't have long enough attention spans.  It didn't help that I had lost the instructions long ago.  We gave up and kept drinking anyways. 

So many things I could say about the name of this game, but I'll just leave them unsaid.
It was in the mid-70s all day long Saturday, so we had the windows open and were soaking up the (free) air.  We accomplished nothing (frown.)  It is hard for me to be inactive for so long, but I got the job done!  I finally got motivated enough to pry myself from the couch and took Ruby Dog out for a walk on a local trail.  She hasn't been feeling too great lately, so it was good for both of us.  Some other friends from out of town dropped by, but unfortunately I missed them while I was out bonding with Ruby. 


"World's Cutest Dog"--by an independent judge of dogs




Today we slept in (again) and have spent the day watching football.  We've been constantly checking our fantasy football scores online and I've been watching Ryan juggle FOUR different remotes as he switches the channel to watch different games.  Seriously. FOUR remotes is overkill. The weather is magnificent again today, so I went for a run fast walk and it felt good to be active.  My New Year's resolution was to complete the 9 week Couch to 5K program and participate in my first 5k this year.  Nine MONTHS later I have yet to finish this program---whoops!  I need to get my butt in gear if I really want to run a 5k before the weather turns gross. 


"I am not amused."  This is our cat in a good mood.

After the hellacious draft we survived recently and our trip to the Ozarks last weekend, it was a great weekend for us to recharge our batteries.  We are constantly on the go so it was good to give our old bodies a break. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!  We are so excited for fall and football at our house!



No comments:

Post a Comment